What Exactly is a Mommy Makeover?
In today’s modern, digital world, it seems social media has taken over how everyday people consume everything from news to pop culture, and everything in between! At Goals Plastic Surgery Harlem, Instagram has become the most popular medium for how we communicate with patients and provide information to our clients – and while it’s definitely been successful and allowed us to grow our following immensely, in today’s world there’s little to no alternative. The constant connection between celebrities, businesses and society overall that platforms like Instagram has allowed, is both a positive and negative. While connecting with one another has never been easier, there also comes a complete and utter lack of privacy across the world, no matter if you’re an everyday person next door, or the hottest Hollywood actors. And with that added transparency comes a pressure to look your best at all times, especially for women, regardless of age. This has been a huge factor for the growth of plastic surgery and cosmetic enhancement overall. Even soccer moms across the country are now seeking out procedures like breast augmentation or Brazilian Butt Lifts to improve their look and mitigate any confidence issues they might have, following a pregnancy or even just the everyday rigors of being a mom. In recent years, more moms than ever before have been requesting a popular procedure known as the mommy makeover – and despite its popularity, many are still confused as to what it exactly entails.
At Goals Plastic Surgery Harlem the mommy makeover has become quite popular amongst clients, whether they actually are moms or not! While it might sound like the name of the latest TLC reality show, in fact the mommy makeover combines a number of procedures into one designed to totally revamp a woman’s body. First designed to help women combat the ill affects of pregnancy on the body, the mommy makeover has become much more – as it can help women to address a number of age-related body concerns as well. Whether it is due to aging, pregnancy, or simply the rigors of life, at Goals Plastic Surgery Harlem, the mommy makeover will address issues like:
· Loose, hanging skin along the abdominal area.
· Excess fatty tissue, especially around the stomach area.
· Sagging breast tissue.
· Lost breast volume, due to aging and breastfeeding.
· Vaginal issues, distorted labial tissue due to childbirth and aging.
As the Top Plastic Surgeon Harlem has to offer, Dr. Voskin and his team at Goals Plastic Surgery Harlem will use the mommy makeover to address these issues as well as anything else the patient might have issues with. The important thing to understand about the mommy makeover procedure is that while it does have a loose definition, it is highly personalized to fit the individual needs of the patient and their body issues. Some women may be able to tackle their excess belly fat through diet and exercise, while others, no matter how hard they might try, find it next to impossible.
Generally, the most important beginning steps of any cosmetic enhancement procedure is the consultation. Dr. Voskin, the Top Plastic Surgeon Harlem has in practice, uses the consultation to help patients reflect on their exact needs and desires, as well as to better examine their body and their medical history. This will help him to compare patient’s desires to what is actually possible once he has seen their body and been able to closely examine things. In most cases, the mommy makeover procedure includes some combination of the following procedures.
· Breast Lift – In order to help combat sagging breast tissue for older women and moms who have recently breast fed.
· Breast Augmentation – To provide women with the volume they may have lost with age and breastfeeding; breast augmentation is a very popular procedure no matter what age a woman might be.
· Liposuction – Mostly concentrated on the midsection, and done prior to a tummy tuck for recent mothers, liposuction can also be performed throughout the body at points of unwanted fat deposits.
· Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty – A procedure that is often used after pregnancy to help mothers to reduce the sagging skin along their stomach, once the baby has been born. As the Top Plastic Surgeon Harlem has to offer, Dr, Voskin uses the tummy tuck to help women tighten and tone their midsection – especially in conjunction with liposuction.
· Labiaplasty – Whether its aging, or pregnancy, the vagina takes on a lot of stress in such instances, and to help women rejuvenate their sex life and the overall look of their intimate areas, a labiaplasty is generally the number one option.
The mommy makeover is continuing to become more and more popular amongst women every day. For more information on the mommy makeover, be sure to contact Goals Plastic Surgery Harlem today.